NewsBlog 5000
The finger on the invisible hand
 

Editor’s Note: No Real News Today

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Every once in awhile, we run into a day like this. The headlines are being dominated by Rove and Potter. The Karl Rove thing has already been over reported, even by us, and continues to dominate the headlines. Anyone really interested in Harry Potter is either currently reading the book, or passed out with a nasty headache from reading all night.

I’ll just scan the SNN wire and sum up.

Thousands evacuate Jamaica as Emily approaches.

Well hey, that sucks for Jamaica, but let’s face it, if you’re not fond of hurricanes, maybe an island isn’t the place to settle. Now if Emily was a 500 ton, genetically altered pig bent on destruction, that would be a story.

Bechtel signs deal with Oman firm.

I don’t even know what a Bechtel is. At first I thought it said brothel, but sadly, no news here.

World Series of Poker Down to Three.

Unless there was some sort of massacre, I’m not interested.

Suspected Suicide Bombing kills 4 in Turkey

I’m thinking their suspicions are correct.

Tiger stretches Open lead

At first I thought this might be some sort of cool large cat race, but it turns out that it’s just golf.

Harry Potter Flies off Shelves

It was just metaphoric. For a moment, I thought this guy might be right.

Israel Arrests 26 Palestinians.

Sounds like their MO.

Things are Still tough in Iraq

This stopped being news two years ago.

The French Still hate the British

This stopped being news 900 years ago.

I will keep scanning the wire for happenings, but for now, I’m giving everyone Saturday off, without pay of course.

Ryan Maynard, Editor