NewsBlog 5000
The finger on the invisible hand
 

Skippy Secures the Homeland Part 1

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

It has been a few weeks between Skippy Does Its (or would that be Skippys Does It), so I thought I would give you an update on what has been happening. I have decided to see what it is like securing the homeland, both from the point of view of a citizen tipster and a citizen under investigation. By writing this, I hope to calm fears about Homeland Security and the Patriot Act.

I started off by contacting my old college roommate, Bob, or as he likes to be called Mohammed X. Mohammed converted to Islam shortly before entering college. So I called up Mohammed and asked him if he would be willing to let me report him to homeland security as part of my report. The phone went dead, but I remember that Mohammed had always been very agreeable, so I assumed he would play around.

Mohammed lives in Mississippi, so I sent an email to the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation. Then a week later, I called back to seed how Mohammed fared.

Unfortunately, it seems that his phone still must be out of order, as I have been unable to contact him for several weeks. But as soon as I am able, I will return with “Skippy Secures the Homeland Part 2”.

James Skippenofsky