NewsBlog 5000
The finger on the invisible hand
 

Bush Vows to get over Sheehan Death

Sunday, August 14, 2005

(SNN Crawford) Despite unbelievable adversity, President Bush has vowed to get over the death of Casey Sheehan. "It's also important for me to go on with my life," the President said Saturday.

President Bush has vowed to get over the death of Casey Sheehan

While Bush says he is aware of the sentiments of Cindy Sheehan and her followers, he has chosen to lead by example and show them how he has moved on. “I think it's important for me to be thoughtful and sensitive to those who have got something to say,” the President said before going for a bike ride.

In addition to the two-hour bike ride, Bush's Saturday schedule included an evening Little League Baseball playoff game, a nap with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, some fishing and some reading. "I think the people want the president to be in a position to make good, crisp decisions and to stay healthy and part of my being is to be outside exercising," the President said before his ride.

The President admits that there are many people who would like to talk to him

The President admits that there are many people who would like to talk to him and they are all deserving. "Whether it be here or in Washington or anywhere else, there's somebody who has got something to say to the president, that's part of the job," Bush said on the ranch. "And I think it's important for me to be thoughtful and sensitive to those who have got something to say. “I think it's also important for me to go on with my life, to keep a balanced life."

The President understands that there is more to life than just war and death. There are black tie fund raisers, tax breaks for the wealthy and photo ops, and it is important for him not to become too focused on any one thing.