NewsBlog 5000
The finger on the invisible hand
 

Editor’s Note: Apologies

Saturday, March 19, 2005

I would just like to assure our most avid readers that our lapse yesterday was not due to a lack of pertinent news. Rather, the entire NewsBlog5000 staff was busy speeding the recovery of Alice Humbees from St. Patrick’s Day. I need to apologize to Alice’s many fans. As of the start of her bender, she had not finished her column. We would also like to apologize to the local Channel 6 news team, and we hope their anchor recovers soon.

It has been a little while since I had a chance to write one of these little notes. And I have a personnel change to announce. Skippy will be finishing his internship early next month. I would like to extend my most heartfelt thanks to Skippy on his journey into the future. I would also like to thank him for writing the bulk of our articles in the first six months of our publication. While we did not have money to pay Skippy, he can at least leave with two things, my respect and a letter of recommendation with an actual cash value of 1/33rd of a cent.

I have been heavily interviewing replacements, and sometime within the next two weeks, I hope to announce a replacement for Skippy.

Ryan Maynard, Editor, NewsBlog 5000