NewsBlog 5000
The finger on the invisible hand
 

Editor’s Note: Fighting the War on the War on The War on Terror

Friday, August 04, 2006

As many of you may have read, there was a massive demonstration in Iraq today with hundreds of thousands of people chanting death to America. Now I can put up with a lot from the Middle East, but this is going too far.

How dare the Iraqi people criticize our foreign policy at a time when they are currently benefiting so greatly from that very policy? And to suggest that the United States is somehow in league with Israel is crazy.

That is why I am heading to Iraq to stage a counter protest. I am going to get a sign saying “America is Great and Freedom isn’t Free” and I am going to carry it all though Baghdad. Of course when I say all through Baghdad, I will be keeping to portions of the Green Zone outside of sniper range. It’s not that I am afraid, it’s just that I am too important to the world to be so cavalier about my safety. And look it up, we got the word chevalier from the French.

So if you don’t hear from me for awhile, don’t be worried. I have it on good authority that Iraq is safer than Washington, D.C.

Dr. Ryan Maynard, Editor, NewsBlog 5000


Complaints:
Someone has to fight the good fight
 
And just how is it that you are so important to the big picture? And do you really think that showing a sign in the Green Zone will make a difference? And will they even allow you in the country? I'm just curious.
 
I may not be important to you, but I am an important part of the lives of the people that come here to be told how to think.
 
Post a Comment