NewsBlog 5000
The finger on the invisible hand
 

Go Ask Alice

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Are you sick with those bland syndicated advice columns? Alice Humbees has got the pill for you. Would you like to Go Ask Alice?

Alice

Recently, I was watching a news report about child prostitution in Southeast Asia. I was quite appalled that Americans go there to have sex with teenagers and younger boys and girls. The U.S. has tried several programs to stop this child tourism, but so far, none of it seems to be helping. What can we do at home to stop child prostitution abroad?

Alicia M

AM

The best way to stop sex tourism is to legalize child prostitution here. Why not abuse our own children instead of foreigners? Are they not good enough? It would keep valuable tourism dollars in the U.S. and would probably nearly wipe out the market in Southeast Asia. We are never going to be able to compete in the global market if we let laws get in the way of commerce.

Alice

Alice

The other day a female friend asked me to sleep over. I went over to her house and we watched romantic movies until it was time to go to sleep. She then told me that it was ok if I slept in her room. I put on my pajamas and came out of the bathroom to find her under the covers naked. She told me she usually slept in the nude, and invited me to, but I feel more comfortable in my pajamas. I fell right asleep, but she seemed to be a fitful sleeper. She was constantly waking me up by grabbing at me, rubbing up against me and at one point rolling on top of me. After a couple of hours I finally got back to sleep. She seemed very distant the next morning, and now she seems to be very standoffish. Did I do something wrong?

Peter M

PM

While men can sometimes be very bad at interpreting the signals of women, you should probably get yourself tested for some sort of learning disorder or other type of mental deficiency.

Alice