NewsBlog 5000
The finger on the invisible hand
 

Editor's Note: Let the Market Decide

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Last week, I wrote about a travesty--the systematic ignoring of Stephen Colbert by the liberal media. This week, the Free Market, the ultimate arbiter of truth, has spoken.

Yes, the Free Market is the most powerful force for goodness in the world. I know when I hear about people enslaved in the Congo and nearly worked to death so that I can have a Playstation, that those people deserve a life of misery and degradation just as much as I deserve to play Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

But don't think that I'm without compassion. I find the story of their plight so heartbreaking that I have to go into downtown Los Santos and gun down a street full of poor people, just to return the smile to my face.

While the liberal media went on and on about the performance of a couple of George W. Bush impersonators, I did not find them funny at all. Neither of the impersonators looked like the President. I thought their comedy routine was not only unfunny, but also very disrespectful to our leader. I don't think we're going to see either of them with their own TV show anytime soon.

But now, the Free Market has spoken. Stephen's show, aptly named "The Colbert Report" increased its audience by 37 percent after his keynote address. And CSpan has asked people to take down videos of Colbert's performance that are all over the internet because, for the first time ever, they plan to sell DVDs of the dinner.

Dr. Ryan Maynard, Editor, Newsblog 5000