NewsBlog 5000
The finger on the invisible hand
 

Editor's Note: Handout Buffett

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Today, Warren Buffett went on my threat list. Buffett is doing the most irresponsible thing a rich person can do. He is giving the bulk of his estate to charity. Buffett is specifically giving the bulk of his estate to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and organization already on my threat list.

And does the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation really help people in need? Definitely not. They focus their efforts on helping children in poor countries from dying from malaria, or gout, or gonorrhea or something. I say just give them condoms and move on.

I might not be a big fan of the pseudo-science of Evolution, but I do believe in survival of the fittest. If we really want to help these people, we should be letting only the strongest survive. Then we should take the strongest and force them to fight to the death in cages made of barbed wire. Only then would they be allowed to breed. This might not solve all of the third world's problems, but it would be damn funny to watch.

No, Warren and the Gates should use their money to help those truly in need. Sure, they give money to poor students who qualify for entry into college, but what about me? Sure, we were rich, but not rich enough to bribe my way into Yale, even though my father was in Skull and Bones. While he got to whip George W. Bush dressed up like Annie Oakley to within an inch of his life, I had to attend a public University in Ohio. Now, if Bill Gates had given me $20 - $30 million for a new building for Yale, I would be editing the Washington Times instead of this crappy blog.

Dr. Ryan Maynard, Editor, NewsBlog 5000


Complaints:
Ah yes, it's so nice to have something truly generous and lovely to smile about on this dreary Monday morning. I'm thrilled.
 
Post a Comment