NewsBlog 5000
The finger on the invisible hand
 

Editor’s Note: I Left My Gun in San Francisco

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Before I get started, I have to get something off my chest. This morning I saw a truck with a Jesus sticker on the back and Calvin pissing on bin Laden. Now I have now problem with Calvin pissing on bin Laden, and I approve whole heartedly of little stickers holding the name of God. However, do they really belong in the same place? When I ask myself, ‘What Would Jesus Do?’ public urination is just not on my list. When Jesus was brought an adulterous woman, he said “let he who is without sin, cast the first stone”, not “If in doubt, whip it out.” Thus endeth the lesson.

Today, Christmas came early for me, as the fourth amendment was defended in San Francisco, the Baghdad by the Bay. San Francisco County Superior Court Judge James Warren ruled that a local government cannot ban weapons because the California Legislature allows their sale and possession.

The ban was originally put in place by a ballot by the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, who were frustrated by the high number of gun related deaths. The National Rifle Association, a group not traditionally associated with San Francisco, sued in November, in a desperate attempt to guarantee once again that hot lead would be the San Francisco treat.

If there’s one thing I love even more than the idea of bum fights, it is the thought of holy gunfire ringing though this modern day Gomorrah. However, it may turn out that, like bum fights, the idea is a lot more satisfying that the reality.


Complaints:
Ha Ha, good one.
 
Post a Comment